Establishment of hospital
Mid-19th century, founded the Spanish community in the Old City of Jerusalem company called Misgav Ladach "provided health services to residents of the Jewish Quarter, mostly low on money and livelihood means" division ". The company was financed from funds wealthy Jewish community in Salonika, Greece. In 1879, when the hospital "Rothschild" founded by Baron Edmond James de Rothschild, which was building in the old city, moved to outside the walls, the Company received over our sons and opened a hospital which was open to all communities. Spanish Executive stressed that the treatment will be given to all the testimony and motioned that she was covert racial discrimination in hospitals and medical help others. Hospital was the name of religious library Rabbi Hezekiah Medini much of Hebron late 19th century.
In May 1948, when the battle for the Old City War of Independence, Beyond the hospital to be populated by the ability of wounded civilians and fighters. Renowned Israeli film Hill 24 Does not Answer in 1955, described these days in the hospital. Arab Old City surrendered the Arab Legion, the fighters withdrew last building evacuated hospital patients earlier. On May 28, 1948, after the surrender, the Arab Legion forces seized the hospital building and blow it up. Library duty at the hospital was destroyed. Immediately after the evacuation hospital, he reopened one of abandoned Arab houses in Old and worked there for about 40 years to build the new hospital in 1987, mainly as a maternity hospital.
Hospital re-established in 1987 in Old, used public hospital budget has come in donations of world Jewry, and provided health services to all residents of Jerusalem, Jews and Arabs. After the Six Day War were the site of the old hospital buildings border a residential neighborhood shelter. The street leading past the Jewish Quarter to the hospital was given the name Misgav Ladach.
Misgav Ladach was a pioneer in the attitude of hospital birth choice, expressed in part in allowing a natural birth and homey inside a hospital.
Mismanagement of the hospital had financial difficulties last year and follow workings under a special administrator on behalf of a receiver. In early 2001 after failed recovery attempts, closed the institution orders of the Ministry of Health.
The hospital was renovated and reopened by the Unified Health Service General Hospital in 2005 - First, the Ministry of Health extends the license to the hospital every six months.
Entrance to the hospital building are stained-glass windows named "Genesis" size 30 sqm. Windows made by Israeli artist - Dan Rubenstein Swiss contribution to the hospital funded by the German donor Eddie Hoover. Htzibaoniim windows inauguration was in 1993 in the presence of former mayor Teddy Kollek. stained glass is divided into five windows. four windows represent in Figortiwit - symbolic chapters in Genesis and the front door of the hospital devoted to the history of Misgav Ladach.